With all the changes taking place very quickly because of the coronavirus, we just wanted you all to be aware of what decisions have been made so far regarding MAT classes.
- All previously scheduled ONLINE only MAT classes for the Spring Semester are TAKING PLACE as planned. There have been no cancellations among these courses at this time.
- There were some in-person MAT I and II courses scheduled for the Spring Semester. At this time, this is how we have handled those courses:
- MAT I – Sacred Liturgy originally scheduled for March 10, 17, 24, 31 at St. Jude Catholic School has been POSTPONED at this time. New dates will be determined at a later time.
- MAT I – Spiritual Life taking place at Catholic High School of Pointe Coupee, which was originally partly online and partly in-person will now be COMPLETELY ONLINE. Sessions will now take place as webinars at the original dates and times on March 18 & 25.
- MAT II – Luke/Acts originally scheduled for March 28 & April 4 at the Catholic Life Center has been made COMPLETELY ONLINE. During the same time periods when the instructor would normally teach the course in-person, she will instead be teaching via a webinar online.
- MAT II – Sacraments of Healing & Service originally scheduled for March 28 & April 4 at the Catholic Life Center has been CANCELLED at this time.
- MAT II – Pentateuch originally scheduled for April 25 & May 2 at the Catholic Life Center has been CANCELLED at this time.
- At this time, there have been no changes made to the MAT Summer Schedule. Should this change, we will let you all know.
Additionally, the Credible Catholic training opportunity originally scheduled for March 28 has been CANCELLED. The Theology of the Body training set to take place on April 25 is still open for registration at this time. If a cancellation is needed in the future, we will make those adjustments.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our office! At this time, our Office of Evangelization & Catechesis is still open with regular office hours M-F 8:30am-4:30pm if you wish to call us at 225-336-8760. However, if this should change and we are required to work from home, we will continue to be available to you by email as much as possible. See below for our staff’s email addresses. We will do our best to maintain communication with you throughout this difficult time as best as we can if you should have any questions or needs.
Dina Dow – Director – email@example.com
Barry Schoedel – Associate Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Shannon Baldridge – Coordinator of Certification & Catechesis – email@example.com
Michele Johnson – Administrative Assistant – firstname.lastname@example.org
God bless you all! Let this be a time for our communities to draw together spiritually and emotionally even if we cannot come together physically. May we see this as an opportunity to grow in our Faith, Hope, and Love and abandon ourselves completely to our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ!