Good news! Our Ministry and Theology (MAT) Courses are now available for registration in our new online registration portal that can be found here: https://learn.evangcatbr.org/shop/
All MAT I and MAT II courses being offered through our office for the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters can be purchased for $15 each. All sales are final, though, and there are no refunds or transfers.
Most classes now are in the new format where the learning content is online and there are two shorter sessions with the instructor either in an online meeting/webinar or in person. There are still a few classes being offered in the Spring in the old format where the majority of the learning content is given by an instructor in a classroom setting over about 8-9 hours. You can see a schedule overview of all the courses being offered here. This PDF can be downloaded or printed and it contains links within it to the registration pages of each course.
Our office staff has been diligently working to make various improvements and fixes both to course content and course design based on information that was brought to our attention during the MAT Summer Session. We listened to the feedback we received from our participants and our instructors over the summer and we are making a conscious effort to meet as many of those needs as possible. It’s a work in progress though and we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we iron out the bugs and figure out the best way to meet everyone’s needs.
Here’s a brief overview of how the courses in the new format work:
- Create account in LearnCat and register/pay for courses
- Start Date: first day participants given access to online course material for particular class
- Participants complete Steps 1-3 on their own in course (3 hours work)
- Session 1: Meet with instructor for 1.5 hours to discuss course material. Cannot be missed. Sessions in person or online.
- Participants complete Step 5 on their own in course (3 hours work)
- Session 2: Meet with instructor for 1.5 hours to discuss course material. Cannot be missed. Sessions in person or online.
- Participants complete Concluding Exercise and submit and take course survey (1 hour work). Certificates are automatically generated.
- End Date: Deadline for all course work. Participants removed from online course environment after this date.
In addition to all the courses we offered over the summer, we will also be introducing two new MAT I courses to the lineup! These MAT I courses are called Christian Prayer and The Sacred Liturgy. They will only be offered at the end of the Spring semester as their course designers are still working on their creation.
To earn Basic Certification, you need 80 hours (8 MAT I Courses) completed. These 8 courses can be taken from among older MAT I courses we are retiring or from the new selection of MAT I courses we are debuting. In this way, we are offering our participants greater flexibility with what they can take to earn Basic Certification.
We will also be offering Theology of the Body Trainings this Spring with Brian Butler. Details will be forthcoming. Completing one of these trainings counts toward your Catholic Sexual Morality Certification.
We are looking forward to serving your catechetical certification needs for this coming academic year!